Healthy Ranch Dressing takes less than 5 minutes to make with simple pantry ingredients. This vegan ranch recipe is easy to make and is perfect for salads, wraps or as a veggie dip.
Oh yeah….a healthier ranch…I know, I know! Just what you’ve been looking for. As always, I’ve got your back with another delicious way to include more veggies in your life…and it’s super easy too.
This one is not just “healthier” but it’s a HEALTHY ranch dressing….meaning no oil, no sugar, NO MAYO, no preservatives…just a dairy-free creamy salad dressing that makes everything taste incredible.
If you’re looking for a super easy and healthy ranch dip, head over to my dry ranch mix recipe, you’ll love it!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- HEMP SEEDS: A healthy way to make vegan ranch without cashews, oil, or mayo! Hemp seeds will thicken up this dressing while adding healthy fats, essential fatty acids, protein, vitamin E, potassium and calcium.
- LEMONS: Just the little bit of tang this easy recipe needs. Plus lemons have vitamin C and fiber, help boost immunity and aid in digestion. If you don’t have fresh lemons, use
- PARSLEY: super fresh taste, and all those leafy green benefits. If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried.
- GARLIC: Immunity boosting, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial benefits packaged up in a healthy and super tasty package. YUM! You can sub garlic powder (not garlic salt) if you don’t have fresh garlic.
- DILL: Absolutely adore….and in the summer when I have fresh dill growing in my garden, I use it, lots of it…but I find the dried dill gives off tons of that great flavor.
- CELERY SEED: More of that fresh garden taste…without adding anything untoward.
- SEA SALT: Not much is needed to bring out all the other flavors, but if you’re cutting down on sodium, go ahead and omit….then taste. You can always add just a pinch or two…or maybe a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash instead.
- WATER: More water will get you the best vegan ranch dressing, less water produces a vegan veggie dip that will earn center stage of your crudites board.
Why you will love this Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Tastes fresh and creamy….with no mayo and dairy-free.
- It’s vegan, gluten-free and allergy friendly.
- So easy to make…I bet you can do it in 2 minutes!
- Uses simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Multipurpose: Healthy Ranch dressing is perfect for both salad and to use as a dip!
- Meal Prep Friendly! Store it in the fridge in a jar for 2 weeks.
- Vegan Ranch without Cashews is perfect for those with nut allergies…or dairy intolerances…basically everyone can enjoy….those on keto, paleo or doing Whole30, anyone who’s whole foods plant based, and it’s also oil-free, vegan and grain-free!
How to make this healthy dressing
In addition to the hemp seeds, parsley, dill, garlic, onion powder and salt, you’ll want to add both the zest and the juice of the lemons. Add water and blend. Scrape down the sides and blend again. That’s it! You are done.
Pour into a dressing pitcher or small dish for dipping. Sprinkle on some fresh, chopped herbs and a pinch of crushed red pepper, if desired.
Debra’s Pro Tips
- Dressing will firm up a bit once it’s been in the fridge….so make it in advance if you want to use it for a dip.
- If your blender is small, you can halve the recipe…If using a full sized blender make the whole recipe or there won’t be enough in there to adequately mix it up. Plus, you’ll use it. I know you will.
- This is SO GOOD as a shmear in a veggie wrap…just add sprouts and cut up veggies…oh, it will be anything but boring….and your new favorite quick and easy healthy vegan lunch idea.
- Add this to your weekly meal prep….you’ll have it totally done, poured into a jar and the dishes all washed in under 5 minutes.
- Healthier than store bought hummus and just as quick and easy.
MEAL PREP AND STORAGE
- SERVE: Use as salad dressing. So tasty, even a simple salad will work well. Add to crudites boards, use as a dip for crackers or veggies. Slather onto your wrap and add in sprouts and veggies. Can be used with lettuce wraps as well.
- PREP AHEAD: Definitely! Prep whenever it’s convenient for YOU. It will stay good in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- STORE: Use a glass jar with tight fitting lid. Store in the refrigerator for 2 weeks in a mason jar.
More Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes
VEGAN RANCH FAQs
Generally no…because it’s loaded with oil or mayo, sugar and excess sodium. However, this healthy ranch dressing has no added sugar, no oil and no mayo. Made with heart healthy hemp seeds and lots of herbs for a super fresh taste that’s nutritious and delicious.
As long as it’s not made with mayo or sour cream, vegans can eat ranch. Many of the bottled ranch dressing brands are full of oil and other unhealthy ingredients. The best vegan ranch is a healthy homemade version featured here and made with hemp seeds.
Yes. Unless you make homemade ranch dressing, you’ll need to read the product label carefully to be sure though.
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please consider a five star rating below and leave a comment. Also, please share your photos on instagram by tagging me @dkhealthcoach and using the hashtag #debraklein
Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- Place hemp seeds, garlic, parsley, dill, celery seed, onion powder and sea salt in pitcher of blender.
- Zest and juice the lemon into the pitcher as well.
- Pour in the water and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides. Blend again.