Sheet Pan Eggs and Veggie Hash is where it’s at when you want to make a healthy breakfast that everyone will love…and not stand at the stove all morning. Seriously delish with kale and sweet potatoes, this vegetarian breakfast hash is perfect for brunch, breakfast, lunch or even a simple meatless dinner.
This post has been updated from the original posted January 22, 2018.
These sheet pan eggs are perfectly nested into a sweet potato hash that’s terrifically tasty with texture and color to wow the taste buds and look elegant at the same time!
Why you’ll love this Vegetarian Hash
- Well balanced meal including protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- A few minutes to prep and then let your oven do the rest.
- Super easy one-pan clean up.
- Perfect for larger brunch crowds.
- Everyone’s eggs are ready at the same time!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Sweet potatoes
- Red onion
How to make Sheet Pan Eggs + Veggie Hash
- Preheat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with parchment. Prep Veggies, drizzle with olive oil, garlic and spices. Roast 10 minutes.
- Stir. Roast for 10 more minutes. Mix in kale until wilted.
- Make space for the eggs.
- Crack eggs into the wells and place sheet pan back into the oven for 6-8 minutes until eggs are cooked the way you like them.
Debra’s Pro Tips
- For a super easy clean up, serve straight from the parchment lined sheet pan.
- Change up the veggies to use what you have, or what you know your family loves.(Oh, hello broccoli…everyone’s favorite).
- Sprinkle the eggs with sea salt and crushed red pepper or your favorite hot sauce for even more great taste.
- Make multiple trays at once to feed a crowd.
- Use a combo of colored potatoes: white, purple and orange is a gorgeous mix.
Did you know commenting and rating recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite food bloggers? If you made this recipe, please consider a five star rating below and leave a comment. Also, please share your photos on instagram by tagging me @dkhealthcoach and using the hashtag #debraklein
Sheet Pan Eggs and Veggie Hash
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes small dice
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 bunch green curly kale
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a large rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Prepare vegetables: Cut onion in half, through the root, then thinly slice. Scrub sweet potato, but leave skin on. Cut in half lengthwise, then into ¼s and thinly slice into rounds. Trim fennel, cut in half then thinly slice. Mince garlic.
- Lay onions, potatoes and fennel onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and spices. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir. Add garlic and stir again. Roast for another 10 minutes.
- While veggies cook, prepare kale. Wash and pat dry. Remove inner thick stems and roughly chop.
- Toss the kale into the cooked veggies and let it wilt. Make 6 wells into the mixture and carefully pour one cracked egg into each hole. Sprinkle eggs with sea salt and crushed red pepper if desired.
- Place sheet pan back into oven to cook the eggs. It will take 6-10 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs. Start checking at 6 minutes for runny yolks, longer for a more well cooked egg.
- Serve warm.