I’m heading out to the Everything Food Conference this week in Utah. I’m so excited to meet some of my blogging friends in person, to take some interesting classes, connect with brands I’d like to work with, and soak up all things food blogging. Meanwhile, in other news, sugar snap peas are in season. Applause, applause, applause. It takes just a few minutes to prepare this raw sugar snap pea salad with a delicious fresh herb and lemon vinaigrette. Upon hearing this news, the crowd goes wild!
Seriously, that is my reaction. A bit overdone? Perhaps, but sugar snaps are one of my favorite veggies to snack on. Plain and simple. They are delicious as is. So, imagine what happens when you add in a bit of radish for flavor and then pour on a seasonal fresh dressing? Just pure yum. Not only that but you can make this salad in just about 5 minutes! OK, maybe closer to 10 if you’re not fast with the knife…but still totally worth it.
Reasons to love Sugar Snap Peas:
- Low in calories
- Good for your bones: ample amounts of vitamin K and iron.
- High in vitamin C—an antioxidant that helps build immunity, reduce heart disease risk and help control blood pressure.
- Good source of fiber: help regulate blood sugar and your digestive system.
- Naturally sweet taste.
Fresh Herb and Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Super simple to make. Put it all in a blender or food processor.
- Ingredients are naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and full of anti-oxidants.
- Light and tasty: use it for any salad. It’s especially good on this chopped salad.
One of the best things about this raw sugar snap pea salad is that you can prep and dress and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready for it. Not only will this tasty salad not wilt, but the flavors will intensify and it gets better and better each day. Light and refreshing. Nutritious and delicious. Simple and tasty.
Sugar snap season has just begun! With the fresh herbs in my garden, this simple salad will be gracing our table for months to come!
- 1 lb. fresh sugar snap peas. (approx. 4 cups trimmed and halved).
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and sliced thin or julienned.
- 1 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
- ¾ cup fresh dill, firmly packed
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Wash and trim snap peas. Remove string and ends, then cut in half.
- Wash and trim radishes and then thinly slice, stack and julienne.
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and process thoroughly. Taste for seasoning, adding additional S+P to taste.
- Place peas and radishes in a bowl. Pour half the dressing over and mix well. Add more dressing as needed.
- Dressed salad with stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Extra dressing can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to a week.
Serving Size2/3 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 894Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 7gSodium 718mgCarbohydrates 97gSugar 88gProtein 5g