What could be better than than pumpkin pie? Mini pumpkin pies!!! These individual pies taste amazing and are easy to make, plus they’re vegan and gluten-free.
Because sometimes you don’t need a whole pie…..
You don’t want a whole pie…
You’re afraid you might eat a whole pie……
But….you still want pumpkin pie. Rich and delicious with all the cozy spices. Creamy inside that’s dairy-free….and a crust that’s loaded with texture and also gluten-free and sugar-free.
Dream big….go for EVERYTHING you want….it’s all possible….and not too much to ask for. The only thing better than a delicious pumpkin pie is an individual pumpkin pie that’s vegan, gluten-free and also super tasty and easy to make!
How to make Gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Crust
- Soak the raisins, measure the walnuts, rolled oats, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Drain the raisins and put in food processor along with oats, walnuts and spices.
- Pulse until crumbly. Scrape down the sides.
- Process until mixture will hold together when press in your hands.
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Soak cashews.
- Drain cashews and place in food processor with pumpkin puree, tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and sea salt.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
How to make Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Press Gluten-Free Pie Crust into muffin tins.
Scoop “dough” into muffin tins. Use wet hands to press into bottom and up sides of muffin tins.
- Pre-bake crust.
Bake crusts in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Make pumpkin pie filling
While the crust is baking, place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fill crusts with pumpkin pie filling
Spoon vegan pumpkin pie filling into pre-baked crusts. Distribute evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
Bake mini pies in 350 oven to 30 minutes. Filling should be set around edges and slightly jiggly in center.
Pumpkin pie filling will continue to set as it cools.
Why I love Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Super delicious!
- No refined sugar!
- Easy to make gluten-free crust.
- Creamy, dreamy dairy-free pumpkin pie filling.
- Built in portion control!
- Perfect pick up dessert to serve at parties.
- Make as many or as few as you need/want.
- Healthy ingredients.
- Make ahead. Mini pies will stay good in fridge for up to a week or freezer for 3 months.
They’re a great dessert for Thanksgiving, any holiday, or your average Tuesday. Mini Pumpkin Pies are the ultimate for parties….and just perfect for when you’re home alone too.
More Fun Finger Food
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pumpkin Spice Bliss Balls
- Spiced Nuts
- Chocolate Oatmeal Trail Bars
- Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Veggie Spring Rolls
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 8-oz. extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Soak raisins and cashews. Use enough warm water to totally cover. Gather remaining ingredients while waiting for 10 minute raisin soak.
- Preheat oven to 350
- MAKE CRUST: Drain raisins, and save soaking water. Add raisins, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to bowl of food processor and pulse until crumbly. Scrape down sides and process until you're able to press together between your fingers. If dough won't hold together, add 1-2 Tablespoons soaking water.
- Scoop dough into muffin tin pan, dividing into 12 equal pieces. Use wet hands to press down and up the sides of each individual muffin section. Prick with tines of a fork.
- PRE-BAKE CRUST: Bake unfilled mini pies for 8 minutes. Prepare filling while they cook.
- MAKE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING: Drain cashews and place in bowl of food processor. Drain tofu (it's not necessary to press) and add to processor bowl. Add remaining ingredients: maple syrup, arrowroot, and spices, and process until smooth, scraping down sides a few times to be sure everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon filling into prepared crusts, spreading it evenly between them.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool in the tin and then use an offset spatula to transfer to a wire rack. When completely cool, transfer to an air-tight container. Refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours for them to set.
- Mini pumpkin pies will stay good in the fridge for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 17gProtein 6g
The nutrition calculations were done using online tools. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients you used. You are ultimately responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information is accurate, complete and useful.
Absolutely! In fact, they set up nicely when made the day before and have a chance to chill overnight.
Mini pumpkin pies need to be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. They will taste best the day after they’re made. After 3 days, the crust will begin to get soggy. You can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes. Follow package directions to pre-bake crust and then fill with vegan pumpkin pie filling and bake as directed in this recipe.
Absolutely. Cool completely and then freeze in zip top bag. With pies in single layer, lay bag flat. Once completely frozen, you can stack things on top of mini pies.
Yes. This recipe is dairy-free! A combination of tofu, cashews and pure maple syrup makes them vegan, sugar-free and still sweet and creamy.