If you haven’t found a Gluten-Free Vegan Cookies Recipe worth making, then you haven’t been looking in the right place. This is, by far, one of the best cookies EVER….and they just happen to be good for you and easy to make too! What more could you want from a cookie?
What’s IN these amazing cookies?
- Almond Flour: A healthful grain-free baking powerhouse. High in protein, manganese, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats, low in carbs and contains FIBER.
- Arrowroot Powder: A great alternative to cornstarch in recipes. IT contains more fiber and calcium plus it has a good amount of potassium, iron and B Vitamins.
- Creamy Sun Butter: Made from sunflower seeds which are a great source of protein, healthy fats, vitamin E and magnesium.
- Apple Sauce: A wonderful ingredient to have in your healthy swap baking toolkit! I like to use it rather than oils and additional sweeteners. Look for unsweetened, organic apple sauce.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Lower on the glycemic index than cane sugar or brown sugar plus it has calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese.
- Dark Chocolate: A rich source of antioxidants and minerals…plus CHOCOLATE!!!
- Pistachios: In addition to being a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamin B6 and thiamine, they add flavor, color and CRUNCH!
- Dried Cherries: High in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, calcium, Vitamin A, and they bring a nice chewy texture to cookies.
Gluten-Free Vegan Cookies are EASY to make.
Don’t be fooled by how beautiful and complex these cookies look. They are SUPER easy to make. Mix dry ingredients. Mix Wet ingredients. Combine the two. Add in chocolate, nuts and dried fruit. It’s that simple.
I like to use a 1 1/4″ ice cream scoop to drop the cookies onto baking sheets. You can also use two spoons to drop them onto the baking sheet. I use a damp hand to press down the cookies so the dough doesn’t stick. Lining the baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper makes for easy removal and clean up.
Vegan Cookies with Pistachios and Chocolate Chunks…worth the counter space!
If you’re going to give a cookie jar prime real estate in your kitchen, then you’ve gotta keep it filled with super tasty cookies. Trust me on this one. Everyone who comes into my kitchen lifts the lid to see what’s inside. The first thing I want them to say is, “wow, these cookies are delicious.”
I own several cookie jars. They belonged to my Grandmother, and carry cherished childhood memories. It’s hard to keep said cookie jars stocked—not only does Hubby love to snack on cookies, but he also likes to feed others. So, yes, I bake cookies often. It’s taken awhile, but I’ve finally found a cookie that wins in EVERY category.
The number one most important feature of a good cookie is TASTE. If it isn’t yummy, why bother eating it? Seriously, I like my food to contain healthful ingredients, but I don’t eat anything I don’t like. I keep my cookie jar filled with YUMMY cookies….that just so happen to be gluten-free and vegan. Not the other way around!
If you’re looking for more yummy cookie recipes so you too can keep your cookie jar stocked, try one of these:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup creamy sun butter*
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped pisachios
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unsulfured dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. You may need 2 baking sheets to fit all 2 dozen cookies with enough room in between them.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, mix almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt. Be sure there are no clumps of almond flour.
- In a small bowl, also using a fork, mix together nut butter, syrup, apple sauce and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour wet iIngredients iInto the dry and mix well. Then, stir in the chocolate, pistachios and cherries.
- Use two spoons or 1 1/4" ice cream scoop to form dough into balls and drop onto prepared pan(s). Flatten cookies slightly with a damp hand.
- Bake iIn preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown and are soft, but not jiggly to touch.
- Cool on pan for at least 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. When cookies are completely cool, store in air tight container. Cookies will stay fresh for 1 week at room temp or freeze them for up to 6 months.
* Any nut or seed butter will work well, as long as it's creamy. Look for brands with no additional ingredients other than the nut/seed.
* If you don't like/don't have pistachios, use another nut/seed of choice.
* If you want to sub the cherries for another dried fruit, make sure you get one that it unsweetened and unsulfured.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fish Spatula, HaSteeL 2-Piece Stainless Steel Slotted Turner for Flipping, Turning, Frying & Grilling, Metal Slotted Spatulas Great for Kitchen Cooking, Riveted Handle & Dishwasher Safe
13-piece Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, 18/8 Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Ergonomic Handle with Ring Connector
Cookie Scoop Set of 3,Ice Cream Scoop Set of 3,Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop with Trigger Include Small Size(1.58 Inch),Medium Size(1.97 Inch),Large Size(2.48 Inch)
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 10 pcs Stainless Steel Nesting Bowls Set with Non-Slip Silicone Bottom – Size 2qt, 2.5qt, 3.5qt, 5qt, 7qt for Mixing Serving - Whisk Spatula Egg Yolk Separator
IF YOU CARE FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
KITCHENATICS 100% Stainless Steel Roasting & Cooling Rack Fits Jelly Roll Pan, Rust Proof Rack with Patent-Pending Extra Welds and Thick Wire Grid, Use for Oven & Grill, Non-Toxic, 10" x 15" x 1"
TeamFar Baking Sheet, 20’’×14’’×1’’, Cookie Sheet Half Sheet Baking Pans Stainless Steel, Non Toxic & Healthy, Heavy Duty & Thick Gauge, Mirror Finish & Dishwasher Safe - 2 Piece
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 5mgSodium 59mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 2g
Almond Flour is a great choice for a chewy cookie.
Instead of using butter, applesauce will give these cookies flavor and keep them moist.
Cookies that don’t use animal products are vegan. Substituting vegan ingredients in any cookie recipe for animal products will make them vegan.